The TV schedule is the most popular channel for television advertising. The schedule is a guide to the day and time your ads will run. You have a wide range of choices for the time and day you want your advertisements to run.
You can choose to advertise at the top of the hour (9:00 am-11:00 pm), mid-day (11:00 am-3:00 pm), or at the bottom of the hour (3:00 pm-7:00 pm).
When you select a time, you can also choose the day of the week you want your advertisements to run. You can select Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, or a combination of any or all of these days.
You can also schedule your advertisements for the time of the day that most people use their TV sets.
The options you have for your advertisements will vary depending on your advertising goals. Your advertising goals can include raising awareness, generating brand awareness, increasing website traffic, generating leads or sales, or generating leads and sales. For each of these goals, you’re going to use a different set of rules and priorities.
How much does television advertising cost?
The cost of advertising on TV varies from brand to brand and is determined by a number of factors. These factors include:
- The size of your ad
- Your target market
- How much you want to spend
- What your advertising goal is
- Your ad’s quality and relevance
- Your competition
- Your geographic location
- The type of TV programming you prefer
How much TV advertising costs will also vary by your target audience and by how important your advertising objective is to your overall marketing plan. For example, if you’re trying to generate leads and sales, your advertisement budget could be as low as $100 (based on the amount of work you have to do to generate the leads and sales).
When you run TV advertising, you have the option to place the ad in both the top of the hour (9:00 am to 11:00 pm) and mid-day (11:00 am to 3:00 pm), or the bottom of the hour (3:00 pm to 7:00 pm).
If you run mid-day and bottom of the hour advertisements, your advertisement will run for at least three hours, meaning your ads will air for three consecutive days.
In some cases, television advertising can cost as little as $1 per day. If your budget is limited, it may be more cost effective to run television advertisements with TV Networks or on websites.
What TV advertising networks and advertisers are available?
If you’re an advertiser, there are many TV advertising networks and advertisers that are available to you.
- Cable television networks, such as NBCUniversal, CBS Corporation, and Time Warner Cable Networks (Time Warner)
- The country’s largest broadcaster, the USA Network and TBS
- Local cable television networks, such as the ABC affiliate, WTVJ, or the NBC affiliate, WINS, or the CW affiliate, WGN, or the FOX affiliate, WNEM-TV
- Broadcast television networks, such as ABC and NBC, that you can advertise on a local basis
- Broadcast television affiliates in the top-rated markets, such as the CW affiliate in Dallas, KTVK-TV, or the ABC affiliate in Pittsburgh, WPXI-TV
- Cable networks, such as the Comcast Cable Network or the Cox Cable Network
- National advertisers, such as General Electric and Proctor & Gamble
- National advertisers, such as Coca-Cola and Procter & Gamble
There are also many television advertising networks and advertisers that you can sign up with.
Who can I advertise on TV?
There are three major TV advertising networks:
- The major TV networks, such as NBCUniversal, CBS Corporation, and Time Warner Corporation
- Local networks, such as the ABC affiliate, WTVJ, or the NBC affiliate, WINS, or the CW affiliate, WGN
- Broadcast networks, such as ABC, NBC, and FOX, and their affiliates, such as CW, MyNetworkTV, and Ion, and their affiliates, such as WB, MyNetworkTV, and Ion
How can I get my advertisements on TV?
To get your advertisements on TV, you first need to choose a TV advertising network. Once you’ve found a network, you then need to place your advertisement in that network’s advertising schedule.
Each network has a unique advertising schedule that tells you who, when, where, and in what order you can advertise your message.
Advertising schedules are divided into three types:
- Broadcast schedules
- Local cable schedules
- Broadcast-local cable schedules
The Broadcast schedules are the most popular. The Broadcast schedule is the most important type of schedule to use because it gives you the best access to your target market. With a broadcast schedule, you can make your advertisement reach as many people as possible.
Broadcast schedules are divided into categories:
- Time zones
- Dayparts (and times)
The Broadcast schedule divides your advertising into different dayparts. Dayparts are the different time periods during the day or week in which you can advertise your message. Your advertisement can be placed in one daypart or in multiple dayparts.
For example, if your advertisement is for a new, eco-friendly shoe, you could choose to place your advertisement in a morning daypart, a mid-morning daypart, a lunchtime daypart, and a evening daypart.
If you’re interested in placing your advertisement in a daypart, there are two broadcast networks that are always available, but are a little more expensive than others.
The Broadcast schedule divides your advertisements into different timezones. Timezones are the times during the day or week in which you can advertise your message.
For example, if your advertisement is for a new, eco-friendly shoe, you could choose to place your advertisement in a morning timezone, a mid-morning timezone, a lunchtime timezone, and an evening timezone.
To learn how to get your advertisement on TV, you can watch the following video:
- How to get your advertisement on TV
- How to choose the right TV network and ad network for my campaign
Images by Freepik
Generated by AI