Today we’re going to talk about the differences between digital strategy and digital marketing.
Digital strategy and digital marketing are sometimes used interchangeably, and they’re both critical for your business’s success. They can certainly work in tandem, but they also exist as distinct disciplines that require different skill sets.
So, if you need a more in-depth understanding of how these two disciplines work in tandem, we’re here to help.
For digital strategy, planning means outlining your long-term vision for your marketing campaigns. This includes:
- Making a concrete business case for investing in digital marketing.
- Identifying your target audience.
- Setting a budget for your digital marketing initiatives.
- Writing down key performance indicators (KPIs) as you measure the success of your campaigns.
- Creating a roadmap for improving your digital strategy.
To build a strong digital strategy, your company should have the following goals in mind:
- Increase organic traffic to your website.
- Increase social media followers.
- Grow your email list.
- Increase conversions.
- Build your email list.
- Grow your business’ brand awareness.
Your digital marketing strategy should also include the following KPIs:
- Increase website traffic to your website.
- Increase leads and sales.
- Increase social media followers and engagement.
- Increase website traffic.
- Increase engagement on social media.
The goal of digital marketing is to help your company achieve its key business objectives through the use of the right tools, strategies, and tactics.
Digital marketing is the practice of using digital technologies to promote your business and your brand.
Digital marketing often uses paid, earned, and owned media to gain a competitive advantage in the marketplace. It also includes:
- Content marketing.
- Email marketing.
- Social media marketing.
- Customer loyalty and advocacy programs.
- Web analytics.
Many of the same tactics used in digital strategy can also be used in digital marketing, but the goal is to have a strong online presence and boost brand awareness.
For example, in addition to making content that drives traffic to your website, you can also use paid ads, email, and social media marketing to increase your company’s social media following.
On the other hand, organic marketing involves creating content that your target audience finds interesting and useful. Google and Facebook are a great place to start.
In-House Digital Marketing
It’s important to have a strong digital marketing team in-house to help you grow your business. You need a dedicated team of marketers and writers who will ensure that your digital marketing campaigns are successful.
To do this, you should hire highly-qualified digital marketing experts who can guide you through your campaign’s processes and help you learn new skills.
You also should ensure that your in-house team can deliver on your goals. You need a strong marketing team or agency to help you, which typically costs more than hiring an internal team.
When hiring an in-house digital marketing team, you should take the following steps:
- Use a shortlist of candidates.
- Qualify your candidates.
- Meet with candidates in-person.
- Provide candidates with a budget.
- Evaluate candidates.
You should also be open to hiring a new team member if you need to.
When selecting your in-house team members, you should:
- Set goals and KPIs that your in-house team needs to meet.
- Hire people that can achieve those goals.
- Focus on recruiting candidates who can achieve those goals.
- Assess candidates before hiring them.
If you want to hire the best in-house digital marketing professionals, you need to hire the most qualified candidates first. You should then focus on educating and retraining them.
A digital agency can help you with a variety of different marketing strategies and goals, including:
- SEO (search engine optimization).
- Content marketing (the creation of content that attracts, engages, and converts leads and customers).
- Social media marketing (the promotion of your brand on social media channels).
- Email marketing (the delivery of email messages to subscribers).
- Pay-per-click (PPC) marketing.
The goal of digital agencies is to help you achieve your strategic goals and to maximize your ROI.
These agencies generally work on a retainer-based model, meaning they charge for their services and can become expensive if you need a lot of help.
That said, they can be valuable for some companies that have a limited budget, but they should always be compared to their competitors before signing with one.
A digital agency should have a wide range of skills and experience, including:
- Digital marketing.
- Content marketing (online publishing and distribution of content).
- Website development and design.
- Content strategy.
- Analytics and reporting.
If you’re considering hiring an agency to help you with your digital strategy, consider the following:
- Look for an agency with a strong portfolio.
- Look for an agency with a proven track record.
- Ask to see samples of the agency’s work.
- Evaluate the agency’s track record and past performance.
- Hire the right agency for the job.
B2B Digital Marketing
B2B enterprises have different challenges when it comes to digital marketing. They need to be more flexible, which can create a challenge.
B2B companies typically have a tight budget and need to work efficiently to succeed. They also often have more stakeholders to follow and less time to spend on strategy.
For these companies, digital marketing can be a key ingredient that can help them accelerate their growth.
B2B companies should take the following steps to make their digital marketing work for them:
- Focus on creating an online presence.
- Create a strong digital presence with robust content, web design, and SEO (search engine optimization).
- Collaborate with other stakeholders, such as sales and customer support.
- Create a collaborative effort between marketing, sales, customer service, and other stakeholders.
To help you learn more about B2B digital marketing, you should check out:
- B2B marketing strategies.
- B2B content marketing strategies.
- B2B digital marketing statistics.
B2C Digital Marketing
In contrast to B2B businesses, B2C businesses have a more limited marketing budget. They tend to work with a much smaller marketing team and rely on organic and paid search to grow their business.
For B2C companies, digital marketing can be a great way to reach your target audience. The key is to use your target audience’s search terms to create content that will help you build an audience.
B2C companies should take the following steps to make their digital marketing work for them:
- Create a clear marketing strategy.
- Identify your target audience.
- Focus on creating content that your audience will find relevant.
- Create content that is interesting and useful to your target audience.
- Build relationships with other brands and create partnerships.
- Collaborate with other businesses in the same industry.
To help you learn more about B2C digital marketing, you should check out:
- B2C marketing strategies.
- B2C content marketing strategies.
- B2C digital marketing statistics.
The Benefits of Digital Marketing
Digital marketing has the power to help any business succeed. Whether you’re a business in the B2B or B2C sector, digital marketing is a game-changing strategy that can help you gain a competitive advantage.
If you’re looking for an expert to help you grow your business, you can turn to digital marketing agencies to provide you with the marketing strategies and tools that will help you reach your marketing goals.
Digital marketing is a powerful strategy that can help you build awareness, develop a profitable business, and grow your business.
However, to get the most from this strategy, you need to understand how to use it and how to measure its success.
The key to success is to follow a clear digital marketing strategy that will help you to reach your goals. To get the best results, you should choose the right marketing tools and agencies to help you achieve your goals.
To get started with digital marketing, check out the Digital Marketing Strategy Template.
If you’re looking for a digital marketing agency that can help you with your digital strategy, consider these agencies:
- Ogilvy Digital.
- Rocket Fuel.
- Digital Marketer.
- MQList Digital.
- Campaign Monitor.
- Digital 360.
- Digital Third Coast.
You can also reach out to us for a free digital marketing strategy assessment.
Images by Freepik
Generated by AI