In the last decade, digital marketing experts have been working tirelessly to perfect the art and science of digital advertising. In 2020, we will see a new era of ads that are a mix of paid and owned creative. This will be a prime example of an ads strategy that leverages both digital and traditional channels.
Digital ads will also go where the users are. More and more, digital advertising will take place on the internet. This means that they’ll be more relevant to the user. Brands will use dynamic content that will trigger ads to show up in the right place at the right time. Dynamic content is a type of content that changes based on user behavior, so it’s always relevant.
In 2020, brands will start paying attention to remarketing. This is when the ad will trigger based on previous browsing or engagement. This makes remarketing a much more valuable tool than traditional advertising. Brands will be able to retarget users, which means they can show targeted ads more relevant to a user’s interests.
Email marketing has been the backbone of every digital marketing strategy for years. Since the pandemic, the industry has seen a decrease in email open rates, but this is temporary. The average open rate in the first quarter of 2020 was 47.4%.
If you’re thinking that email marketing has been a failure in the last year, you’re wrong.
In 2020, email marketing will become even more important. Brands will start using email marketing to engage customers and stay in touch with them. The key to success for email is to engage with the customer and use the right strategies.
The pandemic has forced companies to change their ways of marketing. But with the right email marketing strategy, you can recover in the new year.
Email marketing strategies for 2020 will include:
- Integrating email with other digital channels or platforms
- Testing different email marketing designs
- Using email automation
- Increasing customer engagement with emails
- Using segmentation
Social media marketing
Social media marketing may seem like a long-term strategy, but it’s not. There are several opportunities for social media marketing in 2020. The biggest one is the pandemic. People are using social media to connect with family and friends, stay informed, and stay connected with their community. They’ll use this to their advantage.
The pandemic will force marketers to adapt. With that can come changes in social media marketing strategies and tactics. Marketers will have to think more about the customer experience and how that translates into the content and messaging.
Social media marketing strategies for 2020 will include:
- Using video or live video
- Working with influencers
- Using user-generated content
- Integrating paid ads
Content marketing is a strategy that uses traditional media to promote your business. It’s an effective way to get your brand in front of new customers. Some content marketing strategies include:
- Content marketing audits
- Content marketing for e-commerce
- Content marketing using email
2020 will be a year of change for content marketing. You’ll see a change in how content is produced and promoted. It’ll be a year of experimentation and discovery.
Content marketing strategies for 2020 will include:
- Creating more interactive content
- Leveraging social media
- Integrating e-commerce and content marketing
The future of digital marketing
As we look forward to 2020, we can’t help but be excited. There are tons of new and different digital marketing methods that will increase your reach and help your business thrive.
2020 will be a year of change for digital marketing. We’ve seen so many changes in the last year, and there’s no doubt that many of them will stick around in the new year. If you want to make the most out of your marketing efforts, you’ll need to adapt.
2020 will be a pivotal year for digital marketing. Here’s a look at the trends we’ll see in 2020 that will shape the future of your marketing strategies.
For example, social media marketing will continue to grow, but it will take on a more conversational tone.
- Personalization will become a trend
- Brands will start to focus on user experience and engagement
- Dynamic content will become more important
- Brands will start leveraging Facebook’s video and live video features
- Facebook and Instagram will continue to shift to dynamic content and user-generated content
- Brands will develop customer-centric marketing strategies
- Instagram and Facebook will continue to incorporate live feeds
- Brands will test new channels to reach more customers
- Brands will be more concerned with their brand’s reputation
- Brands will focus on social media ads
- Video ads will gain more attention
- Brands will shift to mobile-first advertising
- Brands will start to use user-generated content
- Instagram will continue to focus on visual content
- Video advertising will grow
- Brands will test new ad formats
- Brands will test new strategies to target different users
- Brand engagement will become more important
- Brands will focus on lead generation
- Brands will use more personalization
2020 will be a year of change for digital marketing.
Brands will try new tactics and channels to reach more customers. There will be more experimentation, and you’ll have to keep an eye on the customer experience.
2020 will be a pivotal year for digital marketing.
If you want to make the most out of your marketing efforts, you’ll need to adapt.
It’s likely that your marketing strategy will continue to evolve in the new year. Keep an eye out for the trends we talked about in this month’s edition of Marketing Tech Trends.
Over to you
The 2020 trends we talked about in this month’s edition of Marketing Tech Trends aren’t likely to go out of style in the new year. It’s impossible to predict what will happen in the next few months. But the trends that matter will be the ones that can continue to drive your business forward.
Images by Freepik
Generated by AI